burning out

Posted on 9:38 AM by Schottler

I've been feeling weak and tired lately since my Breckenridge race, so I took Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off from riding. Since I forgot about the state championships race on Saturday and had to work all day, I spent the rest of my time laying on the couch relaxing. I am disappointed I missed this race, but the timing wasn't very good. I seem to have chronic lower back pain which I think is linked to the way my mountain bike is set up, however it feels great while I am riding. It felt good taking 3 days off in a row, which has happened once since December, but my 1 hour ride today didn't give me much encouragement on fitness. I plan on being ready for the show me state games at Rockbridge so I can try to get a 4 in a row win out there. After that it will be a week off the bike and then preparation for cross season and a few select mountain races. Having little desire to ride my bike and watching the wattage drop isn't a very good feeling.

1 comments:

Butthead said...

Stop crying! You think it is hard now.......wait til this fall when you are getting lapped!

Damit Schottler! Things only get crazier as you get older.

Post a Comment