BoCoMo 1-2-3

Posted on 6:56 AM by Schottler

I guess I have the last 2 Bubba races to talk about here. Last week (Bubba #7) was my favorite course of the year, very mountain bikey... and I thought I was going to get shot driving there. It had some super fast sections, some good climbs, double sand pit, and a good mud section. I attacked on lap 2 or 3 and managed to build up a lead close to a minute... mainly because Breslin and Alex Grman had some bike trouble out of the mud. I held the lead for about 45 minutes and saw some angry guy in a Ultra kit pushing poor little kids into tree's with cross hairs pointed at the back of my head. He managed to catch me with 1 lap to go, but I have to say it was an impressive ride on his part, I can live with 2nd. Here is a vid thanks to the PBR drinking Segal dudes: That's me right at the start, with a 30 second lead.



I have to thank Ethan for ripping up on me and Josh the Saturday before each of these cross races, it helped getting our legs ready for some thrashing. My initial thoughts when I looked at the course were pretty simple... fuck me. I think everyone had this idea when they looked at the course and pre-rode it. I put in a couple practice laps and the course was very slow, the ground was very soft and zapped your energy everywhere you rode. There wasn't a big enough area to make a long fast lap, so there was a lot of zig zagging on the side of a hill, with lots of sketchy off camber descents. Not to mention there was a ginormously steep climb straight up one of the hills. However having this course right below the winery on a small plot of land meant there were fans everywhere screaming at you, which kept the encouragement to the max.



At the start, as usual, everyone punched each other in the face to get on the starting line. I started in the 3rd row, out of 28 people or so. Josh decided to start about 15 feet behind the 2nd to last person. I took the first lap pretty easy, slowly rode by a few people and took off on the 2nd lap. I caught up to Dan Miller, who was absolutely killing it the whole race. Going into the 3rd lap I passed Dan and started my mission. I built up my lead to about 30 seconds or so and turned on the cruise control for the rest of the race, keeping an eye on Butthead and Dan. I was able to ride the steep climb/run up every lap, which was HUGE time builder. At the end of the day it was a bocomo 1-2-3, which is awesome.


Thanks to Mike D and GoPate for awesome pictures as usual! Also thanks to everyone screaming during the whole race, that's what makes these races so awesome!

1 comments:

TeamSeagal said...

I think that by the time the next election rolls around, there will be some scandal that emerges, exposing some hugely expensive government program that was launched about 25 years ago (how old are you?) with the sole purpose of creating a cyclist with inhuman abilities, able to crush everything.

-Casey F. Ryback

Post a Comment